Saturday, July 3, 2010

We Made It Through PFO!!


Well, here we are...11 days after we walked into Broadway Baptist Church not knowing anyone or what to expect of our training time for Japan. We were all tired from packing, selling and shipping our things and traveling to Memphis. I walked in not knowing what to expect bringing all my worries about moving overseas with me. And now here we are heading out of Memphis and I have to say I am a little sad that it's all over. We have met some amazing people and had some incredible training throughout these past two weeks. These two weeks were far better than I ever imagined them being. I never thought I would walk out of there with all my fears talked about and be so excited and ready to be in Nagoya. NICS has incredible staff who care so much about us and the rest of the group heading out overseas. We had such a sweet host family who took great care of us while we were there, a wonderful advisor to meet with every few days to make sure we were doing well (We miss you Ben!), saying we were FULL everyday from the great meals would be an understatement, and the friendships we made will continue in other countries!!

After these two weeks I am really excited to get on the field and see what God has planned for our family. It is going to be such and incredible experience and I cannot wait to get started!!

Thank you to all the people who put together PFO,to our prayer network who have prayed for us during this time, to our sweet host family, and to everyone else who were a part of preparing us for the field. You are so precious to us!

Well, our long journey to Tallahassee starts today!! We are really blessed to have family time this next month. Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...