Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!


I know, I know, I know. It is January. Christmas is over and I really should not be using a Christmas song as my blog title, especially since one of my own pet peeves is celebrating Christmas when it's not Christmas. But today I couldn't help but hum that song in my head.

This morning when I opened the curtains to let the sunshine in as I do every morning I was surprised to see that it was snowing outside!

Wonderful, beautiful snow.

Now bear with me because although I have seen snow, snow skied, and have actually had one white Christmas while we lived in Fort Worth, I am a Florida girl. No doubt about it. I get excited at even the smallest amount of sleet that falls down from the sky because I have no idea what it is like to live in a place where it snows constantly during the winter.

But today there was enough snow to bundle my 10 month old up and go outside to let my baby boy experience something new.



I love watching Noah experience something new. His eyes light up and his mouth opens and then he starts kicking and jumping up and down in my arms. It is the most precious thing. And today I got to enjoy one of those days as he laughed and giggled at the snow falling down all around us. Of course he instantly started trying to catch the snowflakes and when he finally did get a few in his hands I could see the shock in his face when he realized how cold the snow was. It made my day.

This is one of the many sweet moments I have experienced since becoming a mom.



What are some joyful moments that you have experienced with your children?

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Be thankful for photos to help you remember this day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the new pictures. Noah is getting so big and is so precious. I can't wait to see and hold him. Keep posting the pictures!! I love seeing you guys and reading about what you are doing! Love you. MomP

    ReplyDelete

2 Comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...