Monday, January 31, 2011

Prayer Focus: The Homeless in Nagoya.

Today it is snowing. We are again being blessed with wonderful, beautiful snow. And I am again enjoying watching it fall from the sky. Of course I am watching it from my very warm apartment.

I must admit, last week when I was deciding on what topic to start our prayer focus Mondays on, the homeless were not the first thing to pop in my mind. I actually decided on it this morning. The snow was what changed my mind. And a comment from a friend that I remembered from the last snow in our area. The comment was about praying that the snow would go away because of all the homeless in the streets. In the enjoyment of the last snow fall I remember thinking to myself, "I would have never thought about that. I would have never wished the snow away for the sake of the people who have nowhere to go to get out of the snow." So I have decided that during this snowfall I too will remember to pray for these forgotten people. So let's pray for the homeless in Nagoya.


Prayer Points

*Pray for the health and safety of the homeless, especially during the cold of winter.

*Pray for the homeless ministry here in Nagoya that meets every other week. This ministry has a church service for the homeless; afterward they share a meal together. Pray that God will touch the hearts of these people who feel so hopeless. Pray that through this they will come to know him. Pray for the people who put this service together. Pray that God might use them to share the Good News of Christ. Pray that there will always be enough food to go around during these services.

Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Hebrews 13:1-3

Photo taken by:Winnette Glasgow

2 comments:

  1. It is supposed to be snowing in Texas tonight and tomorrow as well! Hope that this gives you a little connection to Texas :) Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you today and hope that you are adjusting well to a new country and life. Thanks for your blog and know that y'all are loved! Mandy Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy:) I really appreciate your prayers! And I appreciate you stopping by the blog! I hope you guys are doing well!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

2 Comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...