Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Sad Passing.

Yesterday at one of our sister schools in South Korea the director's wife passed away. And although I do not know this family by face, only by name, my heart is aching for them. She was a woman in her 50's, not someone who would be waiting for their time. She had a brain aneurysm suddenly and several hours and surgeries later went to be with the Lord.

This really had me thinking deeply about preparation when it comes to going to meet my Savior.

We are not promised another breath on this earth.
We could be gone today or 70 years from now.
No one knows when their time will come.

I asked myself this question last night and thought seriously about my answer:

"If I were to leave this earth today and meet Jesus Christ, would I be ready?"

My answer would be yes and no.

Yes, because by the grace of God I know Christ as my Savior. I know that one day I will be spending eternity with HIM.

No, in the sense that I would be ashamed of what little I have done with my life for Him.

This has me really thinking now about what I can do to change this in my daily walk with the Lord. I have been praying about this the past 24 hours and will continue to as I ask Christ to continue changing my heart for Him.


To this precious family who lost their mother and wife last night,

I am praying for you.
My family is praying for you.
Our school is praying for you.

May you find comfort and joy in the fact that she is now dancing and laughing in the presence of her Jesus.

No more pain.
No more suffering.
No more heartache.

Just beautiful,wonderful joy fills her now. And one day, you will see her again.

Will you join me in prayer for this family?

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...