Sunday, August 1, 2010

Transition and Travel

Well, we have had a whirlwind of a month. We have been living the life known as "transition". I have heard many friends who have moved overseas and not quite understood what they were going through. I finally understand what they mean when I hear "It has been amazing spending time with family and friends but I'm ready for this period of time to be over." It has been such an emotional time for me. It has been a challenge moving from house to house, living out of suitcases, and the worst part saying goodbye over and over to our loved ones. It has been such a blessing having the opportunity to spend so much time with our family before we go. I am just ready to stop saying good-bye and start saying hello to our new friends, culture, and ministry. We are really excited to get settled and get started.

But before we do we have the craziness of flying half way around the world. I just wanted to give you a few things to pray for before and during our travel time. First off we have to be at the airport at 4AM!! Yes, we are crazy!! This means we have to be up around 1am Tuesday morning. Please pray that we have the energy to do this and that it won't make Noah too cranky for the plane ride. We will be going to Chicago and from there we will make our 14 hour flight over to Tokyo. Pray for rest on this flight, a happy baby, and that there will be very little stress during this time. We will be in Nagoya on Wednesday night around 7pm, which is Wednesday morning 6am ET.

I will not be on here again most likely until we get to Japan so this will be my last post from the States. Thank you for your prayers and I'll talk to you all on the other side of the world:)

Amy

A picture of my family while we were all together this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...