Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a One-Year-Old.

To My Sweet Baby Boy:

Wow. It's been quite a year hasn't it? You were two months when we struggled with you to get a passport picture and three months when you received it. In the first six months of your life you lived in five different homes, three different states and two different countries. I'm sure you have figured out by now that if you wanted a normal, quiet, non-adventurous life this was not the family to be born into. But as you are growing and changing I am pretty sure that your bundle-of-energy personality would not do well in that sort of life anyway. In fact, I think you fit perfectly in our crazy, exciting, adventurous way of living. God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed us with you.


As I sit here and think about the first year of your life it has been quite a journey. I still remember sitting in the hospital exhausted from labor and seeing you for the first time. How quickly my heart melted. You were perfect. And then I also remember taking you home that first night and taking night shifts with Grandma and your daddy because you did not want to be alone in your bed. I remember those weeks of having you sleep on my chest and feeling your little heartbeat. And I remember you first tooth, your first solid food meal and the first time I heard you say "dada" and "mama"; even though those words didn't mean anything to you at the time.


I also remember when I was feeling you kick, roll and hiccup inside of me. Back then I had no idea what it meant to be a mother, I had no idea what was coming for me, no idea how much hard work it was going to be. But I also didn't know the unexplainable joy and love I was going to experience with you in my life. And it's only the beginning! Oh, what joy and love is to come as you change and grow!


I am praying that one day you will know Jesus. I pray all the time that you will. Because even though I have an amazing amount of love for you as your mommy, Jesus loves you far more than I ever could. I hope one day you will see this. And I pray that Mommy and Daddy will be good examples and teachers to help you understand.

I love you very much. I am blessed by you. I am excited to see what year number two (and beyond) holds for you and our family.

Happy Birthday, Noah Boah.

Love,
Your Mommy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. The passport picture was at six weeks :) Making it even harder for me to take.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...